The Leaf Collection Program has concluded for 2016.
To download the 2016 Leaf Collection Schedule and Map for specific weeks and dates the collection crews will be in your area, please click here.
To view a 3 minute video about Leaf Collection, please click here. (Windows Media Player file.)
- General Collection Schedule –
- Areas To Be Collected – Leaves will be collected from all areas of the City. Crews will collect leaves from each area a minimum of FOUR TIMES after the start of collection. (Please see map in the link above to determine dates your street/area will be visited during the collection program.) If your leaves don’t happen to be falling in October when crews visit the first time – don’t worry, crews will be back a minimum of three more times well into December.
- What We Need You To Do To Help – To keep the leaf collection on schedule and to help keep costs down, please adhere to the following:
- DO NOT rake anything except leaves out to the curb for collection. Branches, sticks and other waste clogs the machinery and can potentially damage the leaf vacuums.
- Rake your leaves to the curb or tree lawn, but not into the street where they will block traffic.
- Please have your leaves raked out to the curb at least two (2) days before crews are scheduled to arrive (Again, see leaf collection map.) Depending on Mother Nature, equipment problems and the volume of leaves, the crews may be as much as two days early or two days late.
- Do not bag your leaves and leave them out for the City’s collection crews. Any bagged leaves will be by-passed. Leaves must be raked out to the tree lawn or curb all by themselves for ease of pick up by the leaf vacuums. Please rake leaves to as close to the curb as possible. Bagged leaves will be left for Waste Management to pick up as part of their yard waste collection - as long as the leaves are in biodegradable bags.
- Do not park vehicles within 20 feet of leaf piles. Leaves must be accessible to the trucks and the leaf vacuum. If leaves are not accessible, they will be bypassed – we do not want to risk damaging the leaf vacuum or your vehicles.
Any leaf collection schedule updates or delays will be posted on the City website. You can also call (937) 748-4352 for more information.
IN THIS SECTION
- Starting a New Service
- General Refuse Pick Info
- Holiday Refuse Pick Up Schedule
- Direct Payment Instructions
- Fire Hydrant Flushing
- CCR Report
- Backflow Prevention
- New Yard Waste Requirements
- Recycling Program
- Leaf Collection
- Water & Sewer Assistance Program
PIN Required! Email PIN request to email@example.com or call 937-748-9721